The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) states that if exposure to the sun is unavoidable and your baby is under 6 months, a mineral-based sunscreen (like ours) should be used; consult with your physician. The AAP recommends that because an infant's skin is very thin and sensitive, infants under 6 months should be kept out of the sun.
No added fragrance or scent masking agents
Face (does not sting the eyes) and body. Created especially for those who cannot tolerate fragrance. May be used everyday⁄year-round
SPF Protection Level:
Provides high-level protection against sunburn.
Retains effectiveness after 80 minutes of activity in water or perspiring. Product description:
Mineral-based, no added fragrance, and without hormone disrupting or skin irritating ingredients! California Baby® sunscreen is perfect for those with skin sensitivities or fragrance allergies.
The active ingredients in our super-effective, mineral sunscreen are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Our sunscreen is non-invasive and functions as a physical barrier - sitting on top of the skin and reflecting sun rays. Unlike chemical sunscreens, our sunscreen does NOT need to be absorbed into the skin to be effective.
Our formula glides smoothly onto the skin for even coverage without a chalky look. Because our sunscreens aren’t absorbed into the skin, there may be a slight whitening effect (depending on your skin tone) which should dissipate over time.
- Moms, our sunscreens work great under make-up because they are non-greasy and they create a nice "cover-up" base under foundation or powder.
- Winter use: Since studies show that the risk of sunburn increases at higher altitudes, it's especially important to wear sunscreen on the slopes. Even if you stay at the same elevation all winter long, don't let winter's chill fool you, the sun is still strong and can do lots of damage to your skin. The gentle water resistant formula won't drip into your eyes and sting when you sweat. Clouded vision from runny sunscreen is annoying on the beach and on the ski slopes it can be downright dangerous.
Tip: Wearing a hat and sunglasses are an important part of sun safety.
Benefits & Features:
- Mineral-based sunscreen
- Made with the highest quality organic and naturally derived ingredients
- No added fragrance
- UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection
- Water Resistant
- No Octyl Methoxycinnamate
- PABA free
- Scatters & reflects UV rays
- Strictly allergy tested and free of gluten, dairy, soy, oats and nuts (except for coconut)