|<< Back to the Fun page |
Perfectly Pliable Play Putty
1 cup all-purpose ﬂour
1/3 cup salt (Uniodized or iodized is ok)
2 teaspoons of oil (Cooking oil is great. Canola works perfectly!)
2/3 cup water (Regular tap water is fine. Bottled water works too!)
1. Mix Flour and Salt in a mixing bowl. Add Oil and mix with a stir stick (Popsicle stick, Coffee Stirrer, Spoon)
2. Add water SLOWLY (A little at a time). Begin by mixing with stirrer between EACH ADDITION of water.
3. When mixture begins to come together, begin mixing with your fingers. Continue adding water LITTLE BY
LITTLE until desired pliability is reached. Mix THOROUGHLY between each addition. (Optional: Add food
coloring to water.) Add fragrance (6 drops of essential oil works great, add more for stronger scent.) to the
mixture when kneading the dough.
4. If mixture is too sticky, add more flour and/or a tiny bit of oil. If mixture is too stiff, add more water.
5. Store in a sandwich bag or any other airtight container* and Perfectly Pliable Play Putty will last about a week!
*Mommy-tip: Re-use any of our 2oz or 4oz cream jars for storage containers! Download this fun label template to mark its contents.
Please note: Wash hands after each use. Although safe and natural, play putty doesn’t taste wonderful! Eating is not recommended.
|California Baby® products are proudly made in the U.S.A. in our FDA registered and certified organic solar powered facility. |
All products are allergy tested and free of peanuts, soy, or dairy. No animal testing.