The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) states that if exposure to the sun is unavoidable and your baby is under 6 months, a mineral-based sunscreen (like ours) should be used; consult with your physician. The AAP recommends that because an infant's skin is very thin and sensitive, infants under 6 months should be kept out of the sun.
Beautiful essential oil blend that includes lemongrass.
Face and body. Does not sting the eyes! For year-round use.
SPF Protection Level:
Provides moderate-level protection against sunburn.
Retains effectiveness after 40 minutes of activity in water or perspiring.Product description:
California Baby everyday⁄year-round™ scented sunscreens smell divine! No overpowering "beach-y" scents here, just pure light and refreshing essential oils that make our all-star SPF 18 a joy to use. It's ultra-light and sheer, making it ideal for use on the face and can easily double as a morning moisturizer. Packaged with a convenient pump that locks for safe travel— it's perfectly portable! Formulated without PABA or invasive chemicals, our silky SPF 18 moisturizing lotion is simple and elegant utilizing a micronized titanium dioxide. It sits on top of the skin scattering and reflecting dangerous UVA-UVB rays, providing broad-spectrum protection. No gluten, soy, oat, dairy or nuts except for coconut (seed of a drupaceous fruit), which is not typically restricted in the diets of people with tree nut allergies. Non-staining.
- Double duty as a light moisturizer.
- Works great under make-up; our non-greasy, sheer finish helps "brighten" the skin!
- Perfect protection on overcast days.
- Don't forget that when traveling in a car you are exposed to UV rays.
- Wearing a hat and sunglasses is an important part of sun safety.
- Winter use: Since studies show that the risk of sunburn increases at higher altitudes, it's especially important to wear sunscreen on the slopes. Even if you stay at the same elevation all winter long, don't let winter's chill fool you, the sun is still strong and can do lots of damage to your skin. The gentle water resistant formula won't drip into your eyes and sting when you sweat. Clouded vision from runny sunscreen is annoying on the beach and on the ski slopes it can be downright dangerous. Our moisturizing sunscreen helps keep skin from chapping from exposure to the elements.
Benefits & Features:
- Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients
- No Octyl Methoxycinnamate or other chemical sunscreens
- Scented with pure essential oils tested for purity
- UVA⁄UVB broad-spectrum protection
- PABA free
- Water resistant
- Mineral based sunscreen
- Sheer finish
- Non-invasive formula, allergy tested
- Convenient pump locks in the 'up' position eliminating accidents on the road or in the diaper bag