The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) states that if exposure to the sun is unavoidable and your baby is under 6 months, a mineral-based sunscreen (like ours) should be used; consult with your physician. The AAP recommends that because an infant's skin is very thin and sensitive, infants under 6 months should be kept out of the sun.
Our special Calming™ essential oil blend that includes French Lavender.
Face (does not sting the eyes) and body. May be used everyday, year round
SPF Protection Level:
Provides high-level protection against sunburn.
Retains effectiveness after 80 minutes of activity in water or perspiring.
Calendula Broad Spectrum SPF 30+ Sunscreen gives you the efficacy of our award-winning sunscreen with the soothing and moisturizing properties of our super-popular Calendula products. All California Babyģ sunscreens are mineral-based, tear-free, vegan formulas that create a gentle and effective physical barrier between the damaging rays of the sun and your skin. The active ingredient is a highly micronized titanium dioxide that scatters and reflects dangerous UV rays, offering UVA-UVB broad spectrum protection. This lotion glides on smoothly and will not easily wash off when it comes into contact with sweat or water. Itís also non-staining and non-greasy.
- Moms, our sunscreens work great under make-up because they are non-greasy and create a nice "cover-up" base under foundation or powder.
- Winter use: Since studies show that the risk of sunburn increases at higher altitudes, it's especially important to wear sunscreen on the slopes. Even if you stay at the same elevation all winter long, don't let winter's chill fool you, the sun is still strong and can damage to skin. Clouded vision from runny sunscreen is annoying on the beach and on the ski slopes it can be downright dangerous. Our gentle, water resistant formula won't drip sting your eyes when you sweat.
Tip: Wearing a hat and sunglasses is an important part of sun safety.
Benefits & Features:
- Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients
- Certified organic calendula extract
- UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection
- Water Resistant
- Non-whitening micro-titanium dioxide
- No Octyl Methoxycinnamate
- PABA free
- Scatters & reflects UV rays
- Mineral-based sunscreen
- Non-invasive formula, hypoallergenic
- Non-staining formula